Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hotel charged for additional fees 2 weeks after check-out and I have final bill that shows $0 Balance?

I checked out of a hotel after 4 nights in Miami FL and paid the balance due as shown on my check-out statement; which has been already deducted from my bank account. The statement shows ALL charges for the entire stay, room charges, taxes, etc and now shows a $0 balance. Nearly 3 weeks after check-out the Hotel charged me $223 on my debit card, when I called the hotel they could not give me an explanation but that the charges "were due". I disputed with my bank and my bank declined to dispute the charges because they said the hotel told "them" the charges were for the 1st night's stay...but when we checked-in (for a business conference) we were a day early and asked if we owed the additional night and they said it was taken care of. My statement also reflects that no additional charges were due for that first night. What is my recourse?

No comments:

Post a Comment