Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I need help with creating an excel template or so.....?

So I have a spreadsheet that has many equations for analysis. All I need to do is to import the data I have from each subject into the sheet, which are only few numbers, and then the spreadsheet generates results as well as GRAPHS. So, whenever I get the results I copy the whole sheet and paste it into a new workbook and name it with my subject's name. The PROBLEM is, when I do so, the graphs end up the same for ALL subjects, because when I point to the points on the graph, they are all the same for each subject, because again when I point to the points on the graph, and then look up where it comes from, it says it came from the ORIGINAL sheet, and not from the current sheet where the data was pasted. So, all of them are identical. When I change the title for the graphs to reflect points from the specific sheet, then yes, things are right. But It would be so difficult going through each one of them, I have many data to be analyzed. Is there a way to make like a template where, when I copy and paste into a new sheet, the points on the graph will reflect data from the current sheet and not the original one. I hope this isn't too confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment