Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How can things be normal between us again?

I have known my next-door neighbors for about 9 years. The oldest is a boy (nickname Brick) and his sister (nickname Ellie) is two years younger than him. I am about a year and a half older than Brick. Brick and I were really good friends when we were younger, then as we grew up a little bit we stayed friends but I became closer with Ellie. Also, Brick had a crush on me, but as the years went by he seemed to show it less and less. However, sometimes he would make me think that he still liked me. I slowly started liking him too, but I always told myself that nothing would ever happen between us. We have so many memories together, playing outside or doing things together. But then our other neighbors who moved about 2 hours away in 2006 came to visit Brick and Ellie's family, and I started developing a crush on the oldest boy (nickname Simon) who is the same age and best friends with Brick. When Simon left, I felt really sad and wanted to contact him in any possible way. Then I found out that he had a Facebook account, but was too shy to talk to him myself after a few months had gone by since I had last seen him. So since Brick had just recently created a Facebook, I copied his profile picture and information and made another profile that looked exactly the same. Then I added a bunch of Brick's friends, including Simon, who immediately accepted. After that, I started chatting with Simon (as Brick) and pretending to talk about their similar interests. It made me feel happy being able to talk to Simon at all. Then one day Brick and Ellie's mom told us that they found out that someone had made a fake profile for Brick and that they were thinking of turning to the police to find out who it was. I panicked, and instead of admitting that I had done it, I pretended to "help" them find out who had done it. I was scared that I would be sent to jail or something, and that I would never be able to hang out with Brick or Ellie again! Simon's family also found out about the "imposter" so I couldn't continue talking with him anyways. About a month later, Brick and Ellie's mom started acting weird toward us, sort of awkwardly. My mom talked to her on the phone, and their mom had thought that I made the profile. I began freaking out, so I continued to deny it. But the next morning, I couldn't hold in the lie anymore. I started crying and told my mom that I made the fake account and how sorry I was. Mom called Brick and Ellie's mom right away, and she came over and gave me a hug, telling me everything would be alright. The next day, I went next door and apologized personally to Brick. He smiled and said that if it was anyone else he would be mad, but because it was me he would forgive me. But ever since then, I haven't hung out with Brick or Ellie. I usually only talk to Ellie when i see her at church, and things are especially awkward between Brick and I. I realized that I do have stronger feelings for him and that I really want our friendship to go back to normal. It makes me sad looking at old pictures and realizing how close we were. Also he worked at this camp that I was helping out at, and my friend said that he stared at me a lot. But when I rode past him on my bike, he seemed to avoid looking at me. The other day he also squirted a water gun in my face but smiled when I turned to look at him. But I saw him again on his bike today, and I said "Hi" but he didn't even bother to turn his head towards me or reply. I'm pretty sure he heard me. Did he truly forgive me? How can things go back to normal? :(

No comments:

Post a Comment